The Michelin 12262 Tyre Inflator is very popular model among car owners as it has unique features and comes in at an affordable price. In our opinion its a well built unit that can be used for inflating tyres and other things that requires an inflator. It can be used at home or you can take it while driving.
It has a digital display and is capable of reading pressure in PSI and BAR. It is an important feature because you need to know the exact pressure that will be required on the tyres. It comes with a backlit LED making it suitable to work at night. This device has various attachments by which you can inflate a wide range of items such as footballs and toys. It works so fast that it requires only three minutes to inflate a fully flat tyre.
This tyre inflator is designed in such a way so that it can fit in a small space. It has a 12V adapter cable so that you can use it wherever you want.
But what will happen if the Michelin 12262 suddenly stops working? So in this article, we will go deep and find out reasons why the inflator might stop working.
Michelin Tyre Inflator 12262 not working. Why?
First thing first:
- Check the vehicle owner’s manual to find out if your vehicle has a negative ground system. This device is not for positive ground system vehicles.
- This particular inflator is to be used with car tyre up to 40 psi and bicycle tyre up to 120 psi.
- Make sure to utilize this inflator only for car and bicycle tyres. If you want to inflate items like football or other similar things, use the adopter that is provided.
- A maximum of 96 watts or 7.5 amps is the power requirement for normal use.
- It is advisable not to run the inflator for more than 10 minutes. Cool it for another 10 minutes before using it.
- Never let your tyre inflator to get wet.
- Take into notice not to stretch the power cord or air hose pipe too far.
So we have learned the basics about the non-functioning of the inflator and correcting those things might help it to run smoothly. What will happen if the problem still remains the same? Below we will discuss some other aspects to get a clear view.
The tyre inflator doesn’t switch on:
- Check the power cables and ensure that it is fully inserted. Watch for the power light, if it doesn’t glow, check the power plug fuse and also check the car fuse.
- Maybe your car needs to turn on the ignition key so as to get the power to your accessories.
Incorrect readings by the gauge:
- Make sure that the gauge is able to read the pressure of the tyre when it is connected to the valve, before switching it on.
- Take a minimum time of 5 seconds to reconnect the plug from the power source after removing the same.
The device is running but tyre is still flat:
- Double-check whether the tyre valve is properly fitted to the tyre valve adopter.
- Thoroughly check the tyres for any leaks and also check the hose pipe for any sort of cracks at the fitting.
- If the problem still persists, check out if the tyre is still on the rim or not.
Device fails to stop at pre-set:
- Make sure you have followed the instructions thoroughly.
- Also, check if you have set the required pre-set pressure.
Power cord or plug becomes hot:
- Do not coil the cable. If it is coiled then uncoil it to full length.
The device displays an error message:
- First of all, connect the 12v power cable to the vehicle’s power supply. Do not connect the valve immediately to the tyre valve. Wait for a few seconds, then press and hold the yellow button for 5 seconds. This will reset the pressure setting. If the problem remains the same, maybe the sensor has broken and will need a replacement.
The inflator is running slowly:
- Maybe the inflator is overheated from excess usage. Shut it down and cool it for 10 minutes before using it again.
- Voltage can be too low, check your vehicle’s battery.
Wrapping things up
So, all the above-mentioned things are necessary for the smooth performance of this device and you need to check them thoroughly before using it.
If your michelin tyre inflator 12262 is still not working, you need to contact the retailer you bought the unit from or an authorized service center to get it repaired. You can also get spares and replacement parts from the manufacturer.